Hi my name is Demain
Your beauty never ever scared me
DEM, Diana
Lien direct vers ce post Re: TDD des Skoolz - Pratique ton anglais
Citer BBCode

compte-supprime-4255295
21/02/2020 00:20
Hey guys! was good ???
My name Is SmallFilouTube ! hope you're doing well !
See y'all on the tchat!!!^^
Kings regards !
On est des tubes on n'est pas des pots !
Citer BBCode

Cana-X
07/06/2020 00:46
Hello it's a very good idea to speak english ! really ! you're amazing ! keep focus ! love yourself! be brave ! love yah
j'aime ce site
Citer BBCode

Diana
08/10/2020 07:40
Sweet c:

Hi there, who wants to speak English with me? 😁
Nightwish dans mon coeur
Citer BBCode

Diana
14/10/2020 14:30
Nobody answered.. I am lonely
Nightwish dans mon coeur
Yam
Citer BBCode

Diana
18/10/2020 21:25
Yam I see you over there !
Nightwish dans mon coeur
Yam
Citer BBCode

Yam
18/10/2020 22:15
Diana a écrit :
Yam I see you over there !

If you want some English suggestions: the space before "?!:;" is a dead giveaway that you're a French person, there's no space before them in English! :)
It ok
Diana
Xuu
Citer BBCode

Chaqui
19/10/2020 00:28
Hi guys !
If you want to improve your level of English, I suggest you to watch your movies and series in English.
You can also do it with the subtitles if you can’t understand without being able to read what is said.
An other thing you can do is reading.
If there is a word you didn’t know, search in the dictionary.
You will learn new word and see differents structures by doing fun activities.
As you may have noticed, my English is still not perfect but I can promise that it has improved.
Citer BBCode

Diana
26/10/2020 20:59
Oh yeah! There are actual real people with who I can finally talk *w*

Thanks for your tips Yam and Strategy.

Your points were all helpful, my English is also not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it personally.

Where did you learn most of yours?
Nightwish dans mon coeur
Citer BBCode

Yam
26/10/2020 21:49
Diana a écrit :
Oh yeah! There are actual real people with who I can finally talk *w*

Thanks for your tips Yam and Strategy.

Your points were all helpful, my English is also not perfect but I'm pretty happy with it personally.

Where did you learn most of yours?

For me it was mainly three steps:

1. Standard education for the basics

2. British/American TV shows with English subtitles to go further. Every time there was a new word, I'd pause the episode, alt tab'd to wordreference and look it up quickly before alt tabbing back to VLC and hitting space to resume the episode. The whole process taking only a few seconds, I eventually started not hitting pause whilst looking up the words (since I had less and less words to look up after a few months).

3. Reading in English on a reader (first a Kobo then a Kindle once the Kobo broke; and sometimes on my phone with an app to read epub files). Same logic: everytime there was a new word, I'd long press it to get the definition and/or translation. At first I had to look up like ten words per page because the TV show vocabulary actually tends to be quite limited; but again, after a few months, I didn't have to look up that many words.

For 2. I mainly watched Doctor Who and for 3. I re-read the Harry Potter books in English and moved on to Harry Potter fanfictions to quench my HP universe thirst that the books left me with.
It ok
Diana
Diana
Citer BBCode

Diana
09/11/2020 16:01
Oh wow I see, thank you for your intel!

I totally agree with what you said since for me it was mainly your 2nd point which helped me the most. Moreover I hate subtitles so I got rid of them as fast as possible making it very focused on what they say and the rythm they use.

Also, I did an intensive class to have good grammar bases so that it is no longer a problem. I took the IELTS tests and got a score around C1 level.. I was pretty disappointed because I messed up the oral part and scored a perfect mark on the reading part which is normally the opposite of what I'm comfortable with !

And recently what help me the most would be an entire internship abroad. I was completely fluent by the end of it and could think in English sometimes..

What about you, did you sit any tests or did you ever go to a foreign country for a long period of time? (if you want to talk about it here of course)
Nightwish dans mon coeur
Citer BBCode

Yam
10/11/2020 13:51
I didn't sit any test other than the TOEIC for my engineering school (scored 980) and that covers only reading and listening.

I feel like I achieved most of my "mastery" (not to say that I know everything, far from it) in English with the 3 points I listed before and didn't improve much by living in an English speaking country. Which I still loved, living in an English country, that is.

I lived in Australia, Melbourne in particular for about one year and worked in the IT department of a call center there. I really wanted to work in my field (computer science) in an English speaking country to really have an in-depth experience and it was a personal success (I loved it), but didn't change must regarding my English skills. I think I had reached a level of English on my own that made it so that living in an English country didn't improve it more. However, I feel like (and heard that) that experience would be a really good kick-start for someone still below on the learning curve.
It ok
Tomorrow
Citer BBCode

Caroline
Royaltiz
26/09/2021 22:48
Hello there!
Oui, mais non.
Tomorrow
Citer BBCode